- The name of the organization is:
THE THIRD TIPPERARY BRIGADE OLD IRA
Coiste ComÓrtha Treas Briogáid Thiobraid Árann.
(Founded 14 October 1921).
- It is a voluntary, non-sectarian, non-party political organization.
- The aims of the Committee are:
- To honour and preserve the memory of the men and women of the Third Tipp Brigade Old IRA who fought for Ireland’s Freedom.
- To erect and maintain memorials to them.
- To hold regular commemoration ceremonies associated with them and the events they participated in.
- To educate upcoming generations in the Brigade’s history and inculcate a sense of gratitude in them for the sacrifices and achievements of the men and women of 1916-1923.
- To counteract revisionist and negative comment directed at those we honour.
- Membership is open to patriotic minded people who subscribe to the Committee’s aims. New members shall be proposed and seconded for admission by current members.
- There shall be an AGM, which shall usually be held in January.
- The Officers shall be elected at the AGM.
- The Committee’s officers are: Cathaoirleach, Beirt Leaschathaoirligh, Hon. Secretary, two Joint Treasurers, a PRO, and an ICTO.
- An Cathaoirleach shall be elected at the AGM for a period of one year, and may be re-elected twice.
- The Joint Treasurers shall present the annual statement of accounts at the AGM.
- All monies shall be paid by cheque, which must be signed by two of three authorized signatories.
- There shall be at least two other ordinary meetings during the year.
- The quorum for a meeting shall be five.
- Every member shall be free to speak at meetings.
- On leaving office An Cathaoirleach shall automatically become a President of the Committee. This title is an honorary one and carries no power or responsibility.
- There shall be an annual fundraising event.
- Secretarial expenses only shall be paid to the Hon. Sec.
This Constitution was adopted by the Committee at its AGM on 14th February 2012. Amended 18th January 2016.